General Manager Monitoring
Primary job responsibility will be to ensure effective and progressive monitoring of all R&D Funded projects, with a view to strengthen the performance of these projects.
Design and implement Monitoring mechanism
* Design and implement monitoring and evaluation tools and strategies in line with the ongoing proposal approval criteria.
* Analyze and recommend methods to match current interests of National R & D Fund with Industry priorities.
Oversee the monitoring process and ensure compliance with timetables
* Maintain tracking system for prospect clearance and project monitoring; coordinate, follow-up on successful proposals ensuring timely submission of narrative and financial reports and adherence to project timetables. Take appropriate actions incase of irregularities.
* Give recommendations on monitoring team composition for individual project, depending on the scale and criticality of the project.
* Facilitate the monitoring team in designing monitoring schedules for R&D projects, to track project progress against planned tasks.
Prepare budgetary recommendation of the department
* Determine fiscal requirements of the office and prepare budgetary recommendations; ensure expenditures are monitored, verified and reconciled.
General Manager Solicitation & Evaluation
Primary job responsibility will be to receive, analyze and approve solicited and unsolicited proposals according to the themes and guidelines defined by the R&D Fund Co. Board.
Developing Proposal solicitation and evaluation strategies
* Provide the services of research, prospect identification, proposal design, evaluation and solicitation strategies.
* Design a conceptual framework to help evaluators assess the extent to which the project generally supports the broad policy objectives.
Identification of theme and project definition
* Identify, develop and maintain themes and project definitions for consideration by the Board. Define projects corresponding to theme.
Monitoring review process
* Research, review, evaluate and edit proposals developed by principal investigators.
* Create an external review panel for external evaluation of proposals, depending on the funding activity in progress.
Coordinating with other departments
* Work closely with other departments to ensure timely involvement of research bodies and principal investigators, disbursement of funds, effective monitoring, publishing of results and beneficial commercialization.
Approval on technical proposals
* Analyze evaluation results synthesized by evaluation managers. Assess their implications for R&D Fund program performance.
Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
* Monitor the day-to-day operations to ensure that the department is meeting goals and objectives, is following policies and procedures and is adhering to deadlines, takes corrective action as appropriate.
Chief Executive Officer
In order to strengthen and build the capacity of the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector of Pakistan by investing in and supporting world class Research and Development (R&D) programs, the Government of Pakistan has established the Ignite (Formerly National ICT R&D Fund) Company, which is being operated as a corporate entity. Applications are sought from dynamic individuals with credentials and vision to head this organization. The position carries immense responsibility and calls for a thorough commitment to this extremely vital national goal.
The position reports to the Board of Directors.
Required Skill Set:
i. Sound understanding of R&D program building, mechanisms and mode of research funding, proposal preparation, evaluation and monitoring
ii. Sound knowledge and experience of state of the art technologies ICT/Telecommunication and operational business dynamics of ICT/Telecom sector.
iii. Strong interpersonal, communication, managerial and leadership skills.
i. Manage all functions of the R&D Fund organization including proper selection, monitoring, evaluation, accounting and legal aspects relating to the funded research projects.
ii. Liaise with all related stakeholders of R&D including academia, industry and existing national and international research organizations for coordinated R&D/HRD program implementation.
iii. Devise, propose and update R&D/HRD objectives of GoP in order to meet the requirements of emerging technologies in ICT and related areas.
iv. Influence research goals in order to meet the requirements of emerging technologies in ICT and related sciences.
v. Envisage, develop and propose new research programs in an adaptive and proactive manner.
vi. Implement strategies for institutionalization of research and product development capability in the relevant industry.
vii. Create linkage between academia/R&D institutions and industry for the purpose of transforming research into products.
viii. Develop concise R&D policy initiatives and respond to requests for information for decision making.
ix. Generate analytical assessments regarding R&D policy roadmap and suggest appropriate changes.