General Manager Monitoring
Primary job responsibility will be to ensure effective and progressive monitoring of all R&D Funded projects, with a view to strengthen the performance of these projects.
Design and implement Monitoring mechanism
* Design and implement monitoring and evaluation tools and strategies in line with the ongoing proposal approval criteria.
* Analyze and recommend methods to match current interests of National R & D Fund with Industry priorities.
Oversee the monitoring process and ensure compliance with timetables
* Maintain tracking system for prospect clearance and project monitoring; coordinate, follow-up on successful proposals ensuring timely submission of narrative and financial reports and adherence to project timetables. Take appropriate actions incase of irregularities.
* Give recommendations on monitoring team composition for individual project, depending on the scale and criticality of the project.
* Facilitate the monitoring team in designing monitoring schedules for R&D projects, to track project progress against planned tasks.
Prepare budgetary recommendation of the department
* Determine fiscal requirements of the office and prepare budgetary recommendations; ensure expenditures are monitored, verified and reconciled.
General Manager Solicitation & Evaluation
Primary job responsibility will be to receive, analyze and approve solicited and unsolicited proposals according to the themes and guidelines defined by the R&D Fund Co. Board.
Developing Proposal solicitation and evaluation strategies
* Provide the services of research, prospect identification, proposal design, evaluation and solicitation strategies.
* Design a conceptual framework to help evaluators assess the extent to which the project generally supports the broad policy objectives.
Identification of theme and project definition
* Identify, develop and maintain themes and project definitions for consideration by the Board. Define projects corresponding to theme.
Monitoring review process
* Research, review, evaluate and edit proposals developed by principal investigators.
* Create an external review panel for external evaluation of proposals, depending on the funding activity in progress.
Coordinating with other departments
* Work closely with other departments to ensure timely involvement of research bodies and principal investigators, disbursement of funds, effective monitoring, publishing of results and beneficial commercialization.
Approval on technical proposals
* Analyze evaluation results synthesized by evaluation managers. Assess their implications for R&D Fund program performance.
Ensuring adherence to policies and procedures
* Monitor the day-to-day operations to ensure that the department is meeting goals and objectives, is following policies and procedures and is adhering to deadlines, takes corrective action as appropriate.