Intern Required in Ignite (Formerly National ICT R&D Fund). Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply by following the below mentioned process.
Duration of internship is 3 months (Paid)
Please send your CV at [email protected] . Last date to apply is March 26 , 2016.
Chief Executive Officer
In order to strengthen and build the capacity of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector of Pakistan by investing in and supporting world class Research and Development (R&D) programs, the Government of Pakistan has established the Ignite (Formerly National ICT R&D Fund) Company, which is being operated as a corporate entity. Applications are sought from dynamic individuals with credentials and vision to head this organization. The position carries immense responsibility and calls for a thorough commitment to this extremely vital national goal.
- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership to the project implementation team, including development of strategies, budgets, work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans and reporting
- Helps the Board determine the Fund’s values, mission, vision, and short- and long-term goals.
- Supporting the Board’s role in giving firm strategic direction to NICT , setting overall policy, defining goals, setting targets and evaluating performance against agreed targets.
- Keeps the Board fully informed on the activities of the Fund and on all the important factors influencing it.
- Identifies problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings those which are appropriate to the Board and/or its Committees; and, facilitates discussion and deliberation.
- Informs the Board and its Committees about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making. Recommends policy directions.
- Pursues global best practices on national research and innovation strategies and keeps the Board updated on the same.
- Implementation of strategies and policies approved by the Board, making appropriate arrangements to ensure that funds and resources are properly safeguarded and are used economically, efficiently and effectively and in accordance with all statutory obligations.
- Review outcomes and metrics created by NICT for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics.
Management and administration:
- Provides general oversight of all the Fund’s activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
- Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
- Assures a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff. Assures process for selecting, development, motivating, and evaluating staff.
- Recommends staffing and financing to the Board of Directors
- Specifies accountabilities for management personnel and evaluates performance regularly.
Foster ICT Research, Development and Innovation:
- Facilitates the integration of the Fund’s activities into the very fabric of the Pakistan’s ICT Research, Development and Innovation community.
- Acts as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to the R&D Fund Company, its services and its stakeholders.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for the ICT R&D Fund Company, ensuring proper representation of the Fund at all relevant forums.
- Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Works with representatives of academia and industry to promote and foster relevant research and innovation in ICT that delivers measurable socio economic growth of Pakistan.
- Promote measurable domestic and international collaboration between ICT Research, Development and Innovation communities.
- Promote and measure funded Research & Innovation commercialization.
- Helps the Board articulate its own role and accountabilities and that of its Committees and individual members, and helps evaluate performance regularly.
- Works with the Board Chairperson to enable the Board to fulfill its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its committees and individual Board members.
- Focuses Board attention on long-range strategic issues.
- Manages the Board’s due diligence process to assure timely attention to core issues
- Promotes programs, projects and services that are delivered in a cost-effective manner, while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Works with the Board to ensure financing to support short- and long-term goals
- Assure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Must have excellent people management skills and have the ability to work with both senior academicians and top industry leaders. Must have the communication skills required to interact with senior government officials, political leaders and other stakeholders.
- Must have demonstrated experience of providing vision, leading and managing multiple teams of top professionals and delivering concrete and measureable results in a demanding corporate environment.
- Must have demonstrated experience of evaluating and applying emerging technologies to transform businesses and deliver sustainable competitive advantage.
- Experience of Industry/Academia, Research & Innovation and collaboration/commercialization would be a distinct advantage.
- Exposure to technology based entrepreneurship will be an added advantage.
Applications along with Resume/CV with requisite documents should be submitted online by logging on to www.rozee.pk and should also be emailed at [email protected] and [email protected] within 15 days of the publication of this advertisement.
Note: Applicants who have already applied for this position with reference to advertisement dated February 28, 2016 need to apply afresh against the above mentioned criteria.