Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer serves as Chief Executive of the Ignite (Formerly National ICT R&D Fund) Company. Together, the Board and the Chief Executive Officer ensure delivery against the ICT R&D Fund’s mission and vision, and the accountability of the ICT R&D Fund to its diverse stakeholders.
The Board delegates responsibility for management and day-to-day operations to the Chief Executive Officer, and s/he has the authority to carry out these responsibilities, in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board. The Chief Executive Officer provides support to the Board as it carries out its governance functions.
- Helps the Board determine the Fund’s values, mission, vision, and short- and long-term goals.
- Helps the Board monitor and evaluate the Fund’s relevancy to the ICT R&D community, its effectiveness, and its results.
- Keeps the Board fully informed on the activities of the Fund and on all the important factors influencing it.
- Identifies problems and opportunities and addresses them; brings those which are appropriate to the Board and/or its Committees; and, facilitates discussion and deliberation.
- Informs the Board and its Committees about trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy-making. Recommends policy directions.
- Pursues global best practices on national research and innovation strategies and keeps the Board updated on the same.
- Implementation of strategies and policies approved by the Board, making appropriate arrangements to ensure that funds and resources are properly safeguarded and are used economically, efficiently and effectively and in accordance with all statutory obligations.
Management and administration:
- Provides general oversight of all the Fund’s activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
- Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
- Assures a work environment that recruits, retains and supports quality staff. Assures process for selecting, development, motivating, and evaluating staff.
- Recommends staffing and financing to the Board of Directors
- Specifies accountabilities for management personnel and evaluates performance regularly.
Foster ICT Research, Development and Innovation:
- Facilitates the integration of the Fund’s activities into the very fabric of the Pakistan’s ICT Research, Development and Innovation community.
- Acts as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to the R&D Fund Company, its services and its stakeholders.
- Serves as chief spokesperson for the ICT R&D Fund Company, ensuring proper representation of the Fund at all relevant forums.
- Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key stakeholders.
- Works with representatives of academia and industry to promote and foster relevant research and innovation in ICT that delivers measurable socio economic growth of Pakistan.
- Promote measurable domestic and international collaboration between ICT Research, Development and Innovation communities.
- Promote and measure funded Research & Innovation commercialization.
- Helps the Board articulate its own role and accountabilities and that of its Committees and individual members, and helps evaluate performance regularly.
- Works with the Board Chairperson to enable the Board to fulfill its governance functions and facilitates the optimum performance by the Board, its committees and individual Board members.
- Focuses Board attention on long-range strategic issues.
- Manages the Board’s due diligence process to assure timely attention to core issues
- Promotes programs, projects and services that are delivered in a cost-effective manner, while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Works with the Board to ensure financing to support short- and long-term goals
- Assure compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
Pre-requisites for Application Submission:
The applicant is required to submit the following documents:
a. Duly filled in and signed off Application Form as available on rozee.pk
b. A declaration(as available on www.rozee.pk) on a non-judicial stamp paper of requisite value
c. Copies of the degrees/testimonials, duly verified by the Higher Education Commission or the professional body or association, whichever is relevant.
Note: Application non-conforming to the above requirements shall not be entertained.
Interns Required in the following departments. Fresh graduates having relevant degrees are encouraged to apply by following the below mentioned process.
1. Admin Department (Receptionist)
2. Finance Department
Duration of internship is 3 months (Paid)
Please send your CV at [email protected] mentioning the job title in the subject area. Last date to apply is March 01 , 2016.
Note: Please specify the position applied in the subject line